Escapingthe deadly radiation of the tech industry pulsar this time Inside The Data Cortex.
· This year has been “The Year of allFlash” and Mark didn’t notice.
· Weeks after day one Stephen and Markdiscuss day one. It was kind of like day zero and not much different than daytwo. But day two had the world’s largest donut at Dell EMC World.
· Weight gain and not much weight lossat tradeshows.
· Stephen on the Goldilocks approachto embracing the public cloud and the tyranny of selection bias.
· Do Google consider themselves anenterprise supplier?
· This time of year there’s nosunshine anywhere outside of California. Says man living in California.
· Software Defined Storage is kind ofinteresting. Says customer who thinks the installation packages will doeverything.
· Scale out is still a hard problem.
· Mark has looked at home grownstorage solutions and sees a lot of ugly babies. (Sorry! He’s not sorry.)
· The Botnet of Things is real and yourdishwasher is hitting someone with a denial of service attack right now.
· This episode in reading things.Alcatraz Verses the Evil Librarians, Benjamin Franklin: An American Life,Steinbeck’s The Winter of our Discontent, Ken Clarke’s Kind of Blue and StalinParadoxes of Power
No one likes to give up power. Go before you are pushed. Because it will be people like us doing the pushing.